Zucchini Bread is so easy to whip up, it’s delicious, and it is absolutely filled with hidden goodness. To make it even better, this recipe uses honey to sweeten instead of sugar, making it the perfect refined sugar-free snack! It’s versatile too. If by some miracle you don’t think you will eat the whole loaf while it’s fresh, slice and freeze into portions that you can grab out in the morning to be thawed just in time for some nourishing morning tea; or you could also easily make a batch into healthy zucchini muffins instead.
- 2 large zucchini shredded- squeeze out the excess moisture with your hands and some paper towel
- 1/2 C honey
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ C unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 orange (optional)
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ C melted coconut oil, melted and cooled (melted butter will also work)
- ½ C chopped walnuts
- 1/4 C pepitas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celcius and grease a 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini, honey, eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and orange zest (if using) until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to the zucchini mixture and stir to combine.
- Add in coconut oil and mix again until well combined. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle the pepitas evenly on top if using, and bake for 50-60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove bread and place on wire rack to cool.
You can leave out the nuts/nut milk if you want to make it lunchbox friendly! To make the mixture into muffins just pour prepared mixture into a muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes instead.